|This page is Sponsored By:
Your Name, Your Address
Refer to "Advertise on web" web page
|We specialise in xxxxxxxx birds / product
Contact us on: (0X) XXXX XXXX
or e-mail us @ .............
- Scientific Name: Carduelis cannabina
- Common Name/s:
LINNET, EURASIAN LINNET.
- Sub Species in country / area of origin:
- Origin / Distribution:
- Habitat In Wild:
- Status In Wild:
- Status In (Australian) Captivity:
- Age To Sexual Maturity:
- Adult plumage: attained at about -
- Best breeding years (estimate):
- Lifespan (estimate): approx
- Sexing: Monomorphic / Dimorphic
- Colour mutations:
Has a melodious song.
- Cost (Victoria) Per Pair: -
Normal colour (Approx.) $??
- Description Of Adults:
- Length: Approx. - mm (or approx.
- Colour ( "normal" colour ): Refer
photo/s above if available.
- Weight: Approx. - gms (or approx.
Level Of Knowledge Required: Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced / Specialist Breeders Only.
Government Regulations &
By-Laws: Refer to "Government Laws"
Click on "Housing birds"
web page for general details on the housing
of Non Australian Finches or read on for specific details for this finch.
Diet / Feeding:
Click on "Feeding birds"
web page for general details on the
nutrition of Non Australian Finches or read on for specific details for this
A basic overview only.
- Roosting nest: Yes / No
- Nesting months:
- Nesting receptacles:
- Nest: Nest is lined
with feathers and soft fine grasses.
- Who incubates the eggs: Hen / cock / both share.
More details on finch nests
and a selection of finch nest photos
can be located on the "nests", "finch nests"
and "finch nest photos"
web pages. Click on "Up" then "nests" then
"finch nests" and "finch nests photos" in
the navigation bars.
Egg Colour .
per year - . Eggs per nest - . Incubation
approx. - days. Fledge approx. - days/weeks.
Independent approx. - days/weeks.
Artificial incubation, hand rearing or fostering will not be
covered on this web site. It is too complex and diverse in nature to be
attempted here. Refer "Specific References" as listed below and
"General References" listings.
Refer "Avian Health Issues"
web page for information and references.
- Worming and parasite control and Quarantine
requirements of new birds or sick birds are considered to
require veterinary advice and therefore not covered on this web
site. Refer above option - "Avian Health Issues"
- Avian medicine is advancing at a rapid pace. Keep
updating your knowledge and skills.
Refer to references listed on "Book References"
- A/A Vol 23 No 9 Sept 1969 Page
- Australian Birdkeeper
Top of - linnet- Page